Who doesn’t love milk tea? It’s a popular drink, especially among young people. With its variety of colors and sweet flavors, paired with chewy or soft pearls, it’s a beverage that can easily become addictive.
But did you know that you can make your own delicious milk tea at home? You can create a drink that is just as tasty as the ones you love from your favorite milk tea shops. A refreshing and clean glass of milk tea on a hot summer day, safe for the whole family, sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
Why Use Dried Tea Leaves to Make Milk Tea?
You’re probably familiar with the image of people enjoying dried tea leaves after meals. But did you know that dried tea leaves can also be used to make delicious milk tea?
Green tea is known for its antioxidant properties and health benefits. Drinks made from green tea leaves are already very popular. However, not everyone has access to fresh tea leaves. That’s why dried tea leaves were created to provide a convenient alternative for various purposes.
In milk tea shops, they often use specialized dried tea leaves with specific flavors that you can easily find, like oolong tea, green tea, or black tea.
But if you can’t find these specific types, you can still use any dried tea leaves you have at home to achieve a traditional and flavorful taste.
Ingredients for Making Milk Tea
- Dried tea leaves
You can use any dried tea leaves you have at home, or you can purchase specialized ingredients for making milk tea from reputable and high-quality sellers.
You can use any type of sugar you have, but if you want to enhance the flavor of the milk tea, you can use brown sugar to brew the tea.
- Fresh milk
Since the ingredients already contain sugar, you can use unsweetened fresh milk to make the drink creamier. If you only have sweetened fresh milk, you can reduce the amount of sugar added to avoid making it too sweet.
- Condensed milk
In addition to sugar and fresh milk, you can also add condensed milk to make the milk tea richer and creamier.
Apart from the main ingredients mentioned above, you will also need some additional tools such as a stove, pot, strainer, etc.
3 Simple and Delicious Ways to Make Milk Tea at Home
Milk tea is an easy-to-make drink with simple and readily available ingredients. You can easily make it at home with just a little time.
3.1. Making Delicious Milk Tea from Dried Tea Leaves
Ingredients: 100g black tea, 350g sugar, 600ml unsweetened fresh milk.
- Put a pot on the stove. It’s best to use a slightly thick pot.
- Add black tea and sugar to the pot.
- Mix the mixture with low heat until the tea turns yellow and the sugar melts completely. Then add 600ml of unsweetened fresh milk to the pot and heat it together.
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and cover the pot for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea to remove any tea leaves or sediments at the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the milk tea into a glass, add ice cubes, and enjoy.
3.2. Making Simple Coffee Jelly Milk Tea
Ingredients: Sugar, dried tea leaves, filtered water, fresh milk, etc.
Making the Milk Tea:
- Put 300g of sugar and 100g of dried tea leaves in a pan and heat them until the sugar melts. Slowly add 500ml of filtered water and 300ml of fresh milk while stirring. Boil the mixture for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Making the Coffee Jelly:
- In a separate pan, mix 500ml of filtered water, 1 teaspoon of coffee powder, and 30g of jelly powder. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a tray. Let it cool and then cut it into small pieces.
Pour the milk tea into a glass, add the coffee jelly, and optionally add ice cubes. Enjoy the delicious coffee jelly milk tea.
3.3. Making Healthy Pearl Milk Tea at Home
Making the Pearls:
Step 1: Dissolve 50g of tapioca starch in 1 liter of boiling water. To naturally sweeten the pearls, you can add 30g of diet sugar.
Step 2: After completely dissolving the starch in the pot, turn on the heat and cook until the mixture thickens.
Step 3: Shape the pearls using a pre-made mold or create your own shape according to your preference.
Making the Milk Tea:
Step 1: Prepare 2 packs of Lipton tea by steeping them in 100ml of boiling water.
Step 2: Prepare 200ml of unsweetened fresh milk and 1 teaspoon of diet sugar.
Step 3: Mix the steeped tea with the milk mixture using a ratio of 1 part milk to 1.5 parts tea.
Final Touch: Add the prepared pearls to the milk tea, add ice cubes if desired, and enjoy a delicious and non-greasy cup of pearl milk tea.
Some Tips for Making Milk Tea from Dried Tea Leaves
To make a delicious milk tea, choosing the right ingredients is crucial. Here are some tips when selecting dried tea leaves:
- Avoid choosing dried tea leaves that are too thick or have a bitter taste, as they can affect the flavor of the milk tea.
- If possible, use specialized dried tea leaves and make sure to purchase them from reputable sources that guarantee freshness and quality.
- You can adjust the sweetness and strength of the milk tea according to your preference by increasing or decreasing the amount of sugar, milk, or tea.
Vimi’s blog has shared simple and quick recipes for making refreshing and flavorful milk tea at home. These recipes will not only quench your thirst but also ensure your well-being.