Constructing a house involves various crucial factors, and one of them is the cost of building materials. It is essential for homeowners to know how to calculate the required materials accurately to avoid unnecessary expenses. In this article, we will share the most precise formula for calculating building materials. By following these tips, provided by Kienthucykhoa.com, you can ensure that the materials you purchase align closely with the actual requirements of your construction project.
Clever Tips for Calculating Building Materials
1. Calculating Materials Based on the Area
Determining the cost of materials by considering the construction area is a common and effective method used in the industry. This approach helps prevent situations where construction companies raise material prices undesirably.
To calculate the materials based on the area, you can use the following formula:
- Ground Floor: 100%
- Upper Floors: 100% (multiply the total number of floors by the percentage)
- Roof: 30% for metal roofs, 50% for flat roofs, and 70% for tiled roofs
- Yard: 50%
Here is an example image to help you understand the process better:
2. Calculating the Cost of Foundation Materials
To calculate the expenses for the foundation materials, you must first determine the type of foundation you will be using. By conducting a topographic survey or utilizing your knowledge of the land, you can accurately determine the type of foundation you need.
Calculating the cost of constructing the foundation can be more complex compared to other factors. However, with some experience and knowledge, it is possible to determine the costs by using the following formulas for different types of foundations:
- Single Foundation: Calculated within the construction quotation
- Single-Footed Foundation: 50% x Area of Ground Floor x Unit Cost of Basic Construction
- Double-Footed Foundation: 70% x Area of Ground Floor x Unit Cost of Basic Construction
- Pile Foundation (Load-Driven): 250,000 VND/m x Number of Piles x Length of the Piles + Labor for Piling + Digging Coefficient: 0.2 x (Area of Ground Floor + Area of Yard) x Unit Cost of Basic Construction
- Pile Foundation (Drilled): 450,000 VND/m x Number of Piles x Length of the Piles + Digging Coefficient: 0.2 x (Area of Ground Floor + Area of Yard) x Unit Cost of Basic Construction
Refer to the following image for a visual representation:
Note: The cost of piles and labor mentioned above is for reference only and may vary depending on the region.
3. Calculating the Cost of Steel Usage for Construction
You can estimate the amount of steel per cubic meter of construction as follows:
- Foundation: 100 to 120 kg/m3
- Beams: 180 to 200 kg/m3
- Floors: 120 to 150 kg/m2
- Columns: 200 to 250 kg/m3 (span > 5m), 170 to 190 kg/m3 (span < 5m)
- Walls: 180 to 200 kg/m3
- Staircases: 120 to 140 kg/m3
- Roof: 250 to 350 kg/1m3
Please note that the above estimates are for reference purposes only. The quantity of steel required may vary depending on your construction method and execution.
4. Calculating the Cost of Brick Walls
Currently, walls are classified into two types: wall 10 and wall 20. In the northern region, wall 10 has a thickness of 110mm, while wall 20 has a thickness of 220mm. The common brick size used for these walls is 6.5 x 10.5 x 22cm. In the southern region, wall 10 and wall 20 have thicknesses of 100mm and 200mm, respectively, with commonly used brick sizes of 4 x 8 x 19cm or 8 x 8 x 19cm.
To calculate the number of bricks required, use the following formula:
- (Length + Width) x 2 x Wall Height – Area of Doors – Area of Windows
Here is an image to give you a visual representation:
Note: The transportation process significantly affects the cost of building materials. Therefore, it is advisable to choose reputable suppliers offering transportation services to help reduce your expenses.
Building a house is a significant milestone in everyone’s life. However, calculating the required building materials can be challenging. By applying the tips shared in this article, we hope that you have gained valuable insights on how to accurately calculate building materials while optimizing costs without compromising quality, safety, and elegance for your dream home.
For more information and assistance, visit Kienthucykhoa.com.