Vimeo is a fantastic video streaming app that enables you to share and upload high-quality videos in 1080 HD. Similar to YouTube, Vimeo does not include any ads, offering you a seamless streaming experience. With a wide range of categories like animation, documentaries, news, and more, you’ll find something for everyone. Plus, you can even download videos to enjoy offline. The best part? You can easily install the Vimeo app on your Roku device and watch all your favorite videos on the big screen.
How to Stream Vimeo on Roku
To get started, follow these simple steps to stream Vimeo on your Roku device:
- First, make sure your Roku device is powered on and connected to the internet.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to access the main menu.
- Select “Streaming Channels” and click on “Search Channels” to proceed.
- Type in “Vimeo” in the search bar and select the app from the provided list.
- Click “Add Channel” to install the Vimeo app and confirm by selecting “OK” when prompted.
How to Activate Vimeo on Roku
Once you’ve installed the Vimeo app, follow these steps to activate it on your Roku device:
- Open the Vimeo app by selecting “Go to Channel.”
- Click on “Log In” to obtain the activation code.
- On your computer, open any browser and visit the Vimeo Activation website.
- Login with your Vimeo account details on the activation site.
- Enter the activation code provided and click on “Connect device.”
- Your Vimeo app will now be activated and ready to use.
How to Use Vimeo on Roku
Now that your Vimeo app is activated, here’s how you can navigate and enjoy all the amazing content it has to offer:
- Launch the Vimeo app on your Roku device.
- You’ll find a variety of options on the Vimeo home screen, including:
- Staff Picks
- My Videos
- Watch Later
- Choose any option and select your favorite video.
- Click “Watch,” and the video will start playing on your Roku TV screen.
How to AirPlay Vimeo on Roku
Did you know that you can also AirPlay the Vimeo app to your Roku device? Here’s how:
- Make sure your Roku device is powered on, and access the settings from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.”
- Enable AirPlay and choose your preferred settings for the “Require Code” option.
- Unlock your iPhone and download the Vimeo app from the App Store, if you haven’t already.
- Launch the Vimeo app and sign in to your Vimeo account.
- Choose the video you want to play and tap on the AirPlay icon at the bottom.
- Select your Roku device to connect and enjoy streaming on your TV.
Vimeo offers a user-friendly platform for all types of videos, making it easy to discover and follow your favorite channels. It’s an excellent platform for creators to showcase their talents. Alternatively, if you’re looking for shorter videos, Dailymotion on Roku is a great alternative to Vimeo.
While the basic version of Vimeo is free, there are additional perks available with a subscription plan. Here are the different plans offered:
- Starter: $9/month
- Standard: $25/month
- Advanced: $65/month
- Enterprise: To get the enterprise plan, visit the Vimeo sales team page.
All plans come with a 30-day free trial for you to explore all the features and benefits.
Troubleshoot Vimeo Not Working on Roku
If you experience any issues with the Vimeo app on your Roku-connected TV, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Close the Vimeo app and relaunch it.
- Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Vimeo app.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Check if there are any server issues by contacting Vimeo support.
- If the problem persists, try updating your Roku firmware.
- As a last resort, you can try resetting your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I watch Vimeo on Roku?
- Yes, you can easily watch Vimeo on Roku by installing the Vimeo app from the Roku Channel Store.
Is Vimeo free to use?
- Yes, Vimeo offers a free basic version. However, there are subscription plans available with additional features.
Can I AirPlay Vimeo to Roku?
- Yes, you can AirPlay the Vimeo app to your Roku device if both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How do I activate Vimeo on Roku?
- To activate Vimeo on Roku, open the Vimeo app on your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an activation code. Then, visit the Vimeo activation website on your computer and enter the code to complete the activation process.
With these simple steps, you can now enjoy watching Vimeo content on your Roku device with ease. Happy streaming!