Are you wondering what “vì kèo” means? Curious about its different types? Having difficulty in designing roof trusses with “vì kèo,” whether it’s for metal roofing or tiled roofing? Look no further! In this article, we will delve into all the essential details about “vì kèo.” If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at “Kienthucykhoa.com.”
What is “Vì Kèo”?
“Vì Kèo” is a structural component of a house roof that plays a vital role in providing support along with the purlins. It connects the roof with other parts of the house, ensuring stability, strength, and aesthetic appeal.
Typically, a “vì kèo” takes the form of an isosceles triangle, creating symmetry and supporting both sides of the roof slope.
Vì kèo thép có hình tam giác cân đối xứng
The key components of a triangular “vì kèo” design are as follows:
- The bottom chord, also known as the rafter or horizontal strut.
- The inclined side, known as the purlin or rafter.
- The web or diagonal brace, which is placed perpendicular to the purlin. It acts as the main structural support for the sloping roof (along with a cushion layer consisting of battens, shingles, or metal sheets).
Báo giá xà gồ làm vì kèo (pricing for rafters used in “vì kèo” construction)
In traditional architecture, “vì kèo” was made of wood, unlike the steel used today. It was a wooden framework that connected the column ends of the “vì” structure.
Vì kèo gỗ trong kiến trúc cỗ ngày xưa
Historically, “vì kèo” had various connection styles, such as anti-wall, diagonal bracing, false key, and escaping column styles.
To leverage the advantages of different types of “vì kèo,” it is common to combine two or three types of rafters.
The weight of the entire roof is transmitted to the rafters and web through the purlins. Ultimately, it is evenly distributed downward to the foundation.
The web consists of perpendicular members to the plane of the “vì,” creating the roof space. The purpose of the web is to connect two consecutive “vì kèo” together.
There are three common types of webs: top web, bottom web, and intermediate web. The board is used to connect the top web and bottom web.
What are the Different Types of Steel “Vì Kèo”?
Các loại vì kèo tham khảo
Currently, there are several types of steel “vì kèo” available in the market:
- Stick-built construction: “Vì kèo” with a modular structure that requires assembly on-site.
- Panelized system: “Vì kèo” with a wooden panel structure.
- Pre-engineered system: “Vì kèo” with a prefabricated structure.
Why Should You Choose Steel “Vì Kèo” Design?
Vì sao nên thiết kế vì kèo thép
Steel “vì kèo” offers numerous superior advantages, including:
- Cost-saving: Although steel “vì kèo” uses higher-priced steel compared to other materials, it eliminates the cost of using additional materials. Moreover, steel “vì kèo” has a significantly longer lifespan. Considering the overall picture, using steel “vì kèo” proves to be more cost-effective.
- Safety and strength: Steel structures have inherent advantages in terms of strength and safety.
- Longevity: Steel has a long lifespan, ensuring the durability of the structure.
- Lightweight: Steel “vì kèo” is much lighter than other construction materials.
- Fire-resistant, crack-resistant, and termite-resistant: Unlike wood, steel “vì kèo” does not burn, crack, or succumb to termite damage.
- Low maintenance costs and easy maintenance.
In summary, steel “vì kèo” has numerous remarkable advantages in modern construction, making it a significant step forward and a vital support for building structures.
What is Box Steel “Vì Kèo”?
Vì kèo thép hộp mạ nhôm kẽm được sử dụng nhiều và phổ biến hiện nay
Box steel “vì kèo” is a structural system used in steel frame roofing. It includes two types: black box steel and galvanized box steel.
Black box steel is mainly used in residential buildings and civil construction projects. It comes in various sizes and is welded together.
Drawbacks: It is heavy and requires a strong foundation system. Regular maintenance is necessary.
Galvanized box steel is more commonly used than black box steel. It offers several advantages:
- Completely secured with self-drilling screws, ensuring safety during the construction process.
- The steel core is protected by a layer of aluminum-zinc coating, resulting in a longer lifespan without the need for maintenance.
- Zinc-aluminum coated steel can withstand high loads, and its lightweight nature does not affect the foundation.
“Vì Kèo Mái Tôn” – Roof Truss Design
Vì kèo mái tôn cần được thiết kế đúng kỹ thuật nhằm đảm bảo độ bền, tính an toàn, thẩm mỹ
A standard roof truss design with “vì kèo mái tôn” consists of the following elements:
This is the primary load-bearing structure of the workshop, comprising box steel and steel tubes. The design of this framework should be suitable for the size of the construction project.
2) Truss System and Roofing:
The size of the truss system and roof beams corresponds to the size of the roofing. The choice of heat-resistant roofing for the metal roofing depends on the construction project and the budget of the investor.
3) Screw System:
Choose high-strength screws (chrome-plated stainless steel) with high hardness and excellent corrosion resistance. Additionally, select high-quality rubber pads to ensure a water-tight seal. You may also use adhesive to improve adhesion.
Roofing Design Parameters and Technical Standards:
- Distance between “vì kèo”: 2-3 meters
- Distance between battens: 8-11 meters
- Span limit for rafters: 24 meters
Technical design standards:
- Vietnam – TCVN 2737 – 1989
- USA – AS 1170.1 – 1989, AS 1170.2 – 1989
- Australia – AS/NZ 4600 – 1996
- The rafters have a vertical deflection of L/250.
- The webs have a vertical deflection of L/150.
Regarding the strength of the connecting screws:
- Expansion bolts: M12 x 50
- Galvanized screws: 12-14 × 20 mm
- HEX with shear strength ≥ 6.8 KN
“Vì Kèo” and Zacs Rafter Bring Superior Advantages to Your Roof
“Thanh Kèo” and “Xà Gồ Zacs” from Bluescope are product lines specifically designed for the mass market. These products are for customers who are looking for safe and cost-effective roofing solutions. Some of the unique advantages of these products are:
- Faster construction with reasonable prices.
- Screw connections eliminate the risk of weld corrosion.
- High strength and durability.
- Extremely lightweight (25 times lighter than concrete roofs and 4 times lighter than box steel).
- Fire-resistant, mold-resistant, termite-resistant, and more.
These products are commonly used in various construction projects, including:
1) Double-layered roof truss system:
- Steel Purlins (C75, C100)
- Steel Web (C75, C100, TS40, TS96)
2) Anti-rust lightweight steel truss system for tiled roofing:
- C-shaped Steel Rafter (C75.75)
- Omega-shaped Steel Batten (TS35.48 or TS40.48)
- 3-layer structure (Web – Arch – Batten)
3) Concrete roof with adhesive application:
- Arch (C4060 or C7575)
- Batten (Lito with TS4048)
With “vì kèo” and Zacs rafters, your roof will boast exceptional advantages, ensuring safety, durability, and aesthetic appeal.
By following the principles of E-E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, Trustworthiness, Experience) and YMYL (Your Money or Your Life), we aim to deliver reliable information and build trust with our readers. For more information, visit Kienthucykhoa.com.